Tuttle Public Schools selected AIP to assist in addressing the most pressing need of their growing district, the addition and renovation of the Tuttle Elementary School.
The campus consisted of the original building, which was built in the early 1900’s, and three subsequent outlying buildings, all with varied finished floor levels. The oldest portion of the campus had outlived its usefulness; it could no longer accommodate the technology and security needs of the school and had significant maintenance issues. The district also had a desire to connect to the adjacent upper elementary school so that common resources, such as the media center and computer labs could be shared among all grade levels.
Together, Tuttle and AIP developed a plan to selectively demolish the oldest portion of building and construct a new facility complete with six new classrooms, a computer lab, six program spaces, administrative offices, a media center and new restrooms. The plan was a thoughtful approach to meet Tuttle’s desire for a new school image, as well as the need for more secure classrooms.