Pittsburg County Courthouse
PITTSBURG COUNTY COURTHOUSE
The Pittsburg County Commissioners retained Architects In Partnership to work with the Pittsburg County Focus Committee to study alternatives for improvements to the Pittsburg County Courthouse. Built in 1926, the Courthouse is a historically significant structure designed by the Architect of the Oklahoma State Capitol. County functions have long exceeded the space available.
AIP developed alternative programs which were presented to the Pittsburg County Focus Committee. Together we devised a prioritized program to renovate and expand the courthouse, while maintaining the historical significance of the project and it’s importance to the community.
The first phase of renovations bid well below the budget and construction has begun. This success has allowed the county to expand the scope of improvements to improve furnishings and site work. This project was also awarded the “Top Renovation of 2010” by the Associated General Contractors of America and the Oklahoma Historical Society.